Is Illuminare Cosmetics vegan and cruelty free? This is a question every ethical shopper asks when buying new makeup and cosmetics.
How will this brand and products they sell impact your home, the environment, animals and laborers? Let’s find out!
If you’re like me, you do all the research you can to make sure brands and products fit your needs but don’t hurt the planet, animals or others. As an ethical consumer myself, I am giving you all the info I’ve found on whether Illuminare Cosmetics is vegan and cruelty free.
Is Illuminare Cosmetics vegan?
Yes, Illuminare Cosmetics is a 100%, fully vegan brand. None of their products contain animal derived ingredients.
Is Illuminare Cosmetics cruelty free?
Yes, Illuminare Cosmetics is cruelty free. They do not test on animals.
Check out this Cruelty Free Brands List to find more animal friendly brands.
Is Illuminare Cosmetics cruelty free certified?
It is unknown whether Illuminare Cosmetics is cruelty free certified.
Where is Illuminare Cosmetics based?
Illuminare Cosmetics headquarters are located in California, USA.
What is Illuminare Cosmetics’ email address?
You can contact Illuminare Cosmetics via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Illuminare Cosmetics’ phone number?
You can contact Illuminare Cosmetics via phone at (916) 939-9888
How to alternatively contact Illuminare Cosmetics?
Alternatively, you can contact Illuminare Cosmetics here.
A warning about “cruelty free” icons from PETA or Leaping Bunny.
These symbols indicate animal testing was not a part of the making of a product but they do not mean a product is vegan! While their approval ought to include not adding ingredients from an animals’ bodies, there is no changing their criteria for what they deem “cruelty free”. Thus, the ethical consumer must dig deeper for answers…
To make matters worse, “certified vegan” logos from Vegan Society or Vegan Action indicate whether individual products are vegan but this does not apply to the entire brand.
So if products are cruelty free they might not be vegan. If a products are vegan they might not be cruelty free.
If this insight incites feelings of exasperation, you are not alone…
So how can ethical consumers determine whether a brand is fully vegan or not?
Searching for answers as an ethical consumer is frustrating and time consuming. The HEALabel App makes it fast and easy to see brands’ vegan + cruelty free status.
Download the free HEALabel app here. Quick. Straightforward. Unbiased.
ETHICAL CONSUMER TIPS:
- “Plant Based” does not mean vegan.
- If a brand uses “Vegetarian” to describe their products it is another red flag because it allows for beeswax, honey, milk, lanolin, and more animal ingredients.
- If a brand has a special, separate vegan category that implies other products are not vegan.
- Greenwashing is when brands make themselves look good but hide unethical aspects pertaining to sustainability, veganism, health and the like. Sadly, it’s such common practice that there is now a dedicated term for the self vindicating marketing style. Be skeptical of marketing strategies that use the color green on packaging or terms like eco friendly, sustainable, organic, natural that might make a brand seem ethical when they might not be.
- It’s great that many brands now offer vegan products but it’s always best to support 100% fully vegan brands that do not profit from and continue to fund animal agriculture in any way.
Adriane MarieGrocery Guru, Material Maven, Conscious Consumer Connoisseur. I organize ethical info for us to comprehensively see how purchases impact people, animals and the planet. I hope you find HEALabel helpful! Use it for personal and global improvement and empowerment.
Is Chantecaille Vegan + Cruelty Free?
Is Chantecaille vegan? Is Chantecaille cruelty free? Organic? What types of ingredients? See Chantecaille contact info.
Is Hush + Dotti Vegan + Cruelty Free?
Is Hush + Dotti vegan? Is Hush + Dotti cruelty free? Are ingredients natural? Organic? Eco friendly? See Hush + Dotti contact info.